Wednesday 11 March 2020

Sugar-free Banana and Blueberry Muffins


For the last 6 months or so I've been on a health kick, aiming to feel better, have more energy and lose some weight. So far I've lost 16kg by cutting back on processed foods and using portion control.

This is a recipe I created one afternoon when I felt like a sweet treat with my cup of tea! I have also added substitutes for some of the ingredients. This recipe can also be baked in a cake tin and cut into 16 slices as it is quite filling

3 mashed bananas
1/2 c of fresh or frozen blueberries
2 TBS coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 beaten egg
2 pouches (160g each) of YoPro blueberry flavoured yoghurt
1 and a 1/2 c of PowerCakes protein-enriched flour

Mash the bananas with the egg, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add the yoghurt and mix well then stir through the flour and blueberries.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for around 20-25 minutes or until cooked. 
These need to be kept in the fridge and eaten within a couple of days. They also freeze well.

Substitutes- 
I used frozen bananas as I had some in my freezer. You could use a different yoghurt instead, whatever you have just make sure to use the same quantity. In place of the PowerCakes flour, you could use any self-rasing flour-like wholemeal, gluten-free etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment