Sunday 15 March 2020

My Frugal Tasks 15/3/20

I'm glad I managed to get some things done earlier in the wee as by Thursday, Mr 13 and I had come down sick.  The last few days have been spent catching up as I slept most of Friday and although I tried to listen to a lecture and write notes, I was just too sick. Miss 21 has now come down with it.

I managed to stock up on some essentials like long-life milk, oil, panadol, rice, pasta, soap, dish liquid, washing soda, laundry soap, vinegar, panadol and ibuprofen. Though I had to go to Coles and Aldi to be able to get everything.Oh, and I managed to get toilet paper! I'm glad there are finally limits in place as I think this makes it fairer for everyone and should have been done earlier. When I was in Coles I was chatting to another lady while we were both putting long-life milk in our trolleys. I heard a man say to his wife "look at that, people are buying trays at a time! It's not the end of the world". Now I had 10 cartons and the lady had about 24, but she had small children with her. There was still loads left and we were hardly wiping the shelves clean so his comment really bothered me! 
I think the Coronavirus situation is only going to get worse because of people panicking, I'm not worried but I am listening to my intuition and am preparing as much as I can. We also went to Kmart and bought a gas cooker for $20 and some butane bottles which were $4 for a pack of 3. This seems quite cheap to me. 

Here's this weeks list of tasks

-Went through my fabric stash and started making some face masks for when we travel overseas later in the year. Proper masks are now unavailable so these will have to do! 
-Picked up some free bread, hot cross buns, pikelets, bananas, zucchini, kale and capsicum from the community centre. I've put the buns in the freezer for Easter, hubby grated the zucchini and diced the capsicum which was also frozen to use later. I sliced and dehydrated the good parts of the bananas, the rest was frozen for smoothies or cake. I also dehydrated the kale and chopped and froze the stalks for my next batch of dog food.
-Made a big potato and spinach bake for dinner and put half in the freezer for another meal.
-Hubby bought 2 meat packs for $30 from the Foodbank truck. This really helps us get ahead with meat.
-Baked another banana and blueberry cake for the week.
-Thinly sliced and baked some sourdough, these are great to use as "crackers."
-I also shopped around online and placed an order for the cheapest vitamins. I bought selenium, vitamin D, elderberries and vitamin C. 
I hope you are all well and I'd love to find out how you got ahead this week? Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment