Sunday 30 August 2020

Savings Sunday 30/08/20


This week has been a challenge trying to juggle my uni work and and jobs around the house and garden. I'm almost half way through the semester so I need to try and keep the momentum up! 

Most of my savings were in the kitchen and I cooked a small pot of lamb soup with one chop that was given to me. I ate this for lunches during the week. The chop had quite alot of fat on it so I cut this off and fried it so it rendered down. Then this was added to the lard jar. 
Baked a healthy sugar free cake with banana and zuchinni as I had these to use up and also cooked a zuchinni slice which we ate for an easy dinner. I dehydrated some spinach, green beans, oranges from our tree and lemons. The spinach was ground into powder for smoothies and I cut the rind off the oranges and dried the flesh separately. This is yummy by itself and reminds me a bit of sour lollies. I also cleaned the fridge. 




The weather was sunny all week so all the washing was done and got hung outside.
It was Mr 18's girlfriends birthday, I had pitched in for her gift which was custom license plates and on the day I gave her a helium balloon (a $1 find from the oppie!) and a card from my stash. I bought a small helium bottle from Kmart at the beginning of the year so I can give everyone a special balloon for their birthdays.

We went to the Foodbank and again noticed that the levels of stock were down. The prices have also gone up so we only spent $40 and got fruit and veg, a baking and meat packs. It is still cheaper than the supermarkets. They had free single serve BBQ sauce sachets which I used these to fill up our bottle. 

I went op-shopping and found a few great things which I'll post next week. 
I needed some pictures to go in frames I bought for my the gallery wall in my study, so I drew a couple. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment