Sunday 16 August 2020

Savings Sunday 16/8/20

This week I had an exam so spent a great deal of my time studying for that!

I went down to the community centre and there was some fruit and veg, and lots if bread.

Used a $10 voucher for Coles click and collect groceries. I needed to buy some regular items as well as extras for the stockpile like salt, cornflour, bleach, tooth paste and cocoa powder.
Saved $12.20 on Christmas gifts online by using the honey browser extension. Also ordered Hubby's bday gift.
Paid extra on our mortgage, which is coming down steadily. 
Got our phone/internet bill and it is $8 in credit.
Did a shop at the Food bank and noticed the stock seems to be getting lower. There was no soap or eggs this week.

There was soup, mince and vegetable pasta, Thai chicken curry and rice in the fridge so I had a night off cooking and we ate leftovers. The young adults call this a "fend for yourself dinner". I baked a healthy no sugar banana and chocolate oat slice. This is just oats, mashed bananas, cocoa powder and an egg. Then its baked in the oven. I also made some oat and nut balls for healthy afternoon snacks.

I dehydrated some frozen mixed vegetables to make extra room in the freezer. I read about this on Annabels blog and cant believe I hadnt thought of this before! Mr 18 and his gf looked at me strangely when they saw me doing this. I had to lay some greaseproof paper on each tray to stop the peas and corn from falling through. One kilo of dehydrated mixed vegetables fits in a large pasta sauce jar! I also did some capsicum, blueberries and spinach which I ground into a powder to use in cooking and smoothies. 

So that was it! I am sorry to hear things are not much better in Victoria and are worse in New South Wales. I will keep everybody there in my thoughts and prayers x

No comments:

Post a Comment