Monday 14 September 2020

Savings Sunday 7/09/20

Last week we celebrated Mr 19's birthday with  dinner and cake at home and also Fathers Day. 
Mr 19 asked for homemade chicken burgers and a caramel mudcake. 

For Fathers Day Imade hubby some chocolate tools using moulds I have and Mr 14 made some chocolate dipped pretzels for him. We also bought a bag of choc coated peanuts and almonds and put them in a jar. We had a family dinner of bbq sausages in buns with onion and bacon, I made some brownies,  choc chip biscuits and made up a dessert platter using some chocolates we had in the cupboard. 

I also used some of our homegrown pumpkins and cooked a pot of pumpkin soup to eat for lunch during the week and a pumpkin and chickpea curry for dinner one night.
I tried making a caramel icing for the mudcake but it didn't turn out with my homemade brown sugar, so instead I added an egg, flour and choc chips and it became the choc chip biscuits for Father's Day! 

We went to the Foodbank and they had lots of vegetables. I got a box of cherry tomatoes, I dehydrated some and made a big pot of pureed tomatoes for the freezer. 

There was also green beans which I blanched and dehydrated, corn which I cut the kernals off and froze and kept some cobs to eat. Zucchinis which were grated and frozen and broccoli and cauliflower. The Foodbank haven't had much lately, and I've learned that when they do I should get enough to last a couple of weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment