Sunday 23 August 2020

Savings Sunday 24/8/20

Lentil soup

I've been flat out with uni work. There was an exam last week, one this week and an essay is due next week. I do enjoy studying though! The next several weeks will be hectic until the semester finishes.

I still managed to get a few things done around the house. 
I made a big pot of lentil soup for easy lunches during the week. Dehydrated some apples and made enough apple and cinnamon oats for a couple of quick hot breakfasts. I did this last year when I had to leave home early and travel to TAFE. I'd make enough for the week.

Mr 14 has been obsessed with mug cakes but the packet mixes are expensive so I made a large batch of the dry mix and put it in a big jar so he just has to measure it into a cup, add oil, milk and put it in the microwave. I made one for myself and added a spoon full of peanut butter to the mixture before cooking. So yummy! You could also put in Nutella or add custard, cream or ice cream on top. 

Chocolate mug cake with peanut butter

The nights have been cold and the days have been sunny but cold so hubby was able to do the washing and hang it outside to dry. Even the sheets were able to get done :)
We made melted chocolate and poured it into the Star Wars moulds I got op shopping a while ago. This was part of a birthday gift for a friend. I also found a foil balloon at a cheap shop for $2 and couldn't resist getting that for him as well. 

I made some soy candles for myself and put some away for presents. I love burning my scented candles in winter, it makes the house feel so cosy. I also mixed up some facial oil to use at night after washing my face. The base is rosehip oil with a few drops of sandalwood and rose geranium. 

There was no fruit, veg or bread at the community centre this week, but hubby picked up bread from an op-shop for free. A friend dropped off some cereal and freezer goods because her mum had a clear-out and my friends' freezers are full. There was frozen dinners, fish, pork chops, steak and lamb. We are so grateful for this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment