Sunday 25 October 2020

Savings Sunday 27/10/20







This post is a day late because Blogger kept crashing and I was too tired to muck around with it last night! It has been a really busy but great week here. Its amazing how much I can get done when not studying! 
Homemade choc chip, peanut and oat biscuits


I finished some sewing projects like a Halloween bunting and a pincushion which is a Christmas gift to go in a sewing box. I like to get my chores done around the house in the morning so after lunch I can sit and sew. 

I have been doing the Cheapskates Christmas Challenge so I made some cards and wrapped most of the gifts. I also used up some small pieces of wrapping paper and washi tape to decorate some paper gift bags. These had printed logos on them before.

Speaking of Christmas, Coles had half price share bags of chocolate so I bought a couple for hubbys birthday in December and also a bag each for our Christmas stockings. The plan is to keep an eye out for things like this so by Dec 1st I'll be sitting back relaxing by the pool lol.

I covered some extra shifts this week for Second Bite and oh my goodness there was so much stuff! It was overwhelming to see all of the bread, pastries, fruit and veg that would normally go in the bin. This is what my kitchen looked like after Saturday's pick up! And some boxes aren't in the picture. I was able to help 9 families with this. About 24 for the week. I also dropped off a box of food to a local lady in need.

In the kitchen I used some soft tomatoes to make a pasta sauce. This was then pureed and used on pizzas. I baked some coconut, peanut and chocolate chip biscuits. Made a batch of dog food with leftover vegies from my pick up. There was also beetroot nobody wanted so I pickled some for summer. Squishy strawberries were made into jam, oregano was dried for later use along with spinach and I baked a banana cake. Phew! 

I gave away an old bookcase and 2 filing cabinets which were taking up room. I picked up 2 free metal jerry cans from Gumtree. These will be a Christmas gift for a friends son. This is at least a $40 saving for me! 
I was also gifted with lots of eggs, a big bag of dog biscuits, sour cream, mozzarella, frozen chips, butter and frozen broccoli. 

A quick visit to the opshop to drop off excess bread resulted in some good finds! Which only cost $12

A very blessed but busy week for us! Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment