Sunday 1 November 2020

Savings Sunday 1/11/20

It's been another good week here. One of the things I did was to re-whiten the grout in our  bathroom. It took a couple of days as it needs to set between coats. 
The weather was fine in the beginning of the week so I washed the sheets and clothing.


Bought petrol on Monday which is the cheapest day here and bought some cooking chocolate, marshmallows and deodorant which were half price. These will be stashed to make rocky road and for stocking fillers. I also had a look through my gift stash and found some mini bottles of shampoo, lotion and face masks to put in my families stockings as well.

I sold some items on Marketplace and made $40. I managed to buy some underwear, socks and bubble wands from Kmart, also for Christmas. I had a quick look for some Christmas pyjamas and boxer shorts for our Christmas Eve box and couldn't find any in adult sizes. I'll keep an eye out over the next few weeks. I had a look at the Christmas decorations and this section was really dismal. There was hardly any stock and what was on the shelves was broken. I'm glad I don't need to buy anything new! 

It was Halloween so I baked some Halloween cupcakes and dressed up to hand out lollies for the trick-or-treaters. Hubby cooked monster meatloaf, mashed potatoes and brocolli for dinner. 

I also baked a banana cake a batch of pikelets and Mr 14 made  triple choc muffins. 

I spent some time sewing and finally finished my Coraline inspired doll, that I started 2 years ago! I did my pick up with Second Bite and made up 4 family hampers which had fruit, vegetables, bread and sweet treats. 





No comments:

Post a Comment