Thursday 15 October 2020

Savings Sunday 11/10/20

I had residential school for uni last week. This would normally be done on campus but is instead done via Zoom due to COVID. I had an exam last week and have one more week of school to go! 

In the kitchen I saved by dehydrated some baby spinach and ground it into a powder to add to smoothies or cooking. I cooked a large tray of Shepard's pie which we ate for dinner and the leftovers for lunch. 

Cooked a batch of rice and vegetables to add to the dogs food. When I trim carrot ends and broccoli or cauliflower stalks I add them to a bag and freeze ready for when I make a batch of this.
Baked another banana cake and iced it for morning/afternoon tea during the week and made up some mug cake mix and added it to a jar. 
I sorted out the pantry and found some cooking chocolate so made a tray of bark with sprinkles on the top.

Some other ways I saved money was by using the Honey browser extension on a clothing order, I saved $19 with this.
Used a $20 off voucher from Woolworths  $100 and got free delivery.
Mr 19's gf is a manager at McDonald's and gets free meals on her shift. There is currently a Monopoly promotion where you can win tokens for free food items so she gave us some of these. Hubby, Mr 14 and I on the way home from errands got a burger and a sundae each. Because we rarely get takeaway this was a real treat!
Picked up my prescriptions for free because we reached our safety net for the year.
I found an organisation who pick up food like bread, fruit and vegetables from supermarkets that would normally go to landfill and distribute it to those in the community for free. There is someone who volunteers in my area so I went and got some bread, fruit and veg from their house. I have signed up to be a volunteer as well which I'm excited about! 

There was some 1kg bags of coffee beans on sale for $5.95. These are normally double this price so I bought 4 of them. This will last us for a while.

There was a house in my street that had some items on there verge. I picked up these white baskets. I took the ribbon and wire hearts off to use for craft or gift wrapping.

How was your week? 


No comments:

Post a Comment