Sunday 18 October 2020

Savings Sunday 18/10/20

This week I had my last exam and essay. Phew! I really enjoy studying and have met some great peers but I have also found it really challenging. I now have a break from uni until next year. I'm looking forward to having some time for craft and homemaking.

This week I redid our budget and decided to go back to using cash where possible to cutback on unnecessary spending. I was able to put some savings in the bank too.
I did some more weeding in the front garden and picked a big bag of oranges from our tree to give to a friend, and some parsley. I asked a neighbour if I could pick some of their Geraldton Wax. I think these look really pretty on our kitchen table! 

I've been re-reading Annabel's blog and was inspired to have a baking day. I made banana miracle muffins, a plum cake and chocolate crunch slice. 

I had some leftover mashed potato so made some potato patties for dinner. I cooked these in my pie maker. We had these with salad.
I did my first pick up with Second Bite. It was mostly bread and vegetables. We are able to pick what we want and then the rest I put out the front for those in need. This would all normally go in the bin and straight to landfill! Below is what was left after I took enough for my family and put some aside for neighbours who weren't home. I also added more oranges from our tree! We helped 9 families with this food.

I visited a friend and she gave me some goodies to bring home. Cereal, cleanskin beer, low sugar chocolate, tea bags, tomato relish, ginger ale and cat biscuits. We are so grateful for this! So many little things add up to big savings. I hope everyone has had a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment