Wednesday 20 January 2016

Felt Birthday Crown


I thought I would share this felt crown I made for my niece. I also made one for Mr 9 when he was a toddler. My idea was that his would be a "Birthday crown" which could be worn every year on the child's Birthday. Unfortunately I didn't take photos as I completed this project, this is more just a few pictures to inspire. Below are the instructions:

I made my own crown template on paper.

Then pinned the template to the felt and cut out 2 different colours of felt. One for the back and front.

I decided what colour I wanted to be my front and cut out some small felt hearts and a letter for the birthday girls name and stitched them on. I also added a few buttons. Doing this part now is so the treads will be hidden inside the crown.

Then I sewed the back and front together. I hand stitched along the bottom, sewing the two pieces of felt together. Then as I came up to the sides about half way up, I inserted a piece of elastic and sewed it in. Then finished sewing the top of the crown.

I have made a few of these now, and think they make a great child's gift.

Back of the crown. This felt is quite stiff.






Side view.




Close up of the stitching.






No comments:

Post a Comment