Monday 14 September 2020

Savings Sunday 13/09/20

This week, I have been focusing on spending as little money as possible and making do with what we have. The reason for this will soon be revealed! 

Had a browse on Gumtree and found a photo frame, pillow cases and a faux eucalyptus branch which were free. White is my colour so I was stoked! 
Set up my sewing machine and hemmed a skirt, pants and repaired a hole in a mattress protector. 
No grocery shopping for us this week so I sorted our food cupboards, fridge and freezers and hubby got some free bread, fruit and salad from the community centre. Also pucked oranges from our tree.

I cooked a zuchinni slice for dinner, using the massive zucchinis we got last week. This turned out a disaster and really watery due to the size if the zuchinnis, but the dogs liked it! I baked a banana cake, a batch of scones,  blanched some carrots and froze them along with the free bananas and snow peas. 

It was sunny weather all week so all the washing got done as well as sheets and quilts. I spent the weekend watching movies and crafting, which was a pleasant break from study! 

No comments:

Post a Comment