Saturday 4 July 2020

Savings Sunday

It has been raining here for most of the week. Hubby and I went for a day trip to visit some op-shops, we packed lunch and drinks. We found a couple of things but not very much. Most items were too expensive. 

We went to the Foodbank and bought a $15 meatpack which had a big pack of crumbed chicken fillets, sausages, mince, chicken breast and frozen vegetables. We also got a $5 fruit and veg box, I got corn, capsicum, tomatoes, apples, yoghurt, marscapone, tofu and cream, as well as a $10 cleaning pack. I dont normally buy a cleaning pack because it has things that I don't need or use, but this week it was really good value and I like having a bit of store bought laundry powder or liquid in case I run out of homemade. Plus it also had some fancy Pears and Imperial Leather soap! These are expensive brands here.The dish liquid I'll keep aside to make some pink Miracle Spray!

I received our power bill in the mail and it is $270 in credit. This was really great! In the summer I started up a direct debit payment each fortnight so I could run the air-conditioning and pool pump without stressing too much when the bill came in. It worked well so i just kept it up and am glad i did! 

Around the house, I made a batch of homemade laundry liquid because I had run out. I also cleaned out my laundry cupboards. One contains first aid supplies and the other has our cleaning and toiletries. This was a good chance to see what we have. 

I cleaned the shower and bathroom and refilled our pump soap dispenser. I also needed to make up some more of the soap mixture in a 1.25 litre bottle for next time. 

I made an easy dinner one night with some rice, papadums, Dahl and the flavoured tofu packs. I baked a sour cream and apple slice to use up last weeks sour cream. The slice has a nice shortbread type base, cooked apples in the middle and a baked sour cream and cinnamon top. I also made a bread and butter pudding to use up some cream and some pumpkin scones because we still have our homegrown pumpkins. These didn't turn out as good as the first time I made them. They didnt rise much. I think I rolled the dough out too flat before cutting. Anyway they were more like soft biscuits and were still tasty! 

Oh, and I baked a banana bread to use up the last 2 sad looking bananas in my fruit bowl. I didn't get a pic of it cooked, but took one of my CPK Delilah "helping" me. I've mentioned before that I have about 30 of these dolls in my collection. On this day I was in the kitchen and feeling lonely despite not being alone in the house. Mr 14 was watching YouTube in the games room and Miss 21 was in her room. Hubby was across the road. I thought I'd bring out a doll to keep me company. Their smiling faces always seem to cheer me up! 

When I was a girl I loved dolls. They were like my babies and I would dress them up, take them outside for picnics and walks in a pram. I always wanted a Cabbage Patch Kid but they were expensive at the time-and still are. About a year ago I came across one on eBay which was very cute and cheap. That's when the collection started! I have got some really good bargains and a couple have come from America, when the conversion rate was good. I hope you have had a good week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment