Sunday 8 November 2020

Savings Sunday 8/11/20

This week was productive! I got some sorting, gardening, sewing and cooking done. We went to a free community garage sale and hubby and I got a pair of shoes each. The teenager picked out some jumpers. 

I did some weeding in the front garden and back gardens and hubby worked on the pool which is now ready for swimming. There is still more work to do in the garden, but this is a start! The weather was lovely and we had our first BBQ for the season and ate dinner outside. 

I cleaned out the fridges and baked a large tray of onion, capsicum, pumpkin and zucchini which were on the soft side and used to make a large vegetable lasagna. 


I also baked a batch of custard biscuits and some banana muffins. One got eaten before I took a picture! 

I tidied my craft and fabric boxes and found some unfinished projects which I'll work on over the next few weeks. I made 3 patchwork Christmas stockings using fabric scraps and also made a table runner. This was my first attempt at patchwork and think they turned out well. 

Every few days there was about a dozen or so blueberries ready so these were picked. So yummy. We did our Sunday pickup and got heaps of bread, rolls and pastries. This helps out about 6 regular families every week. There was no fruit and veg today but we were very lucky to get some meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment