Thursday 18 June 2020

Thrifty Thursday


I've decided to start posting my thrift/op shop finds and call it Thrifty Thursdays. This won't be every week as sometimes I don't find anything. Today I have a lot to post!  

In the first picture is an oil burner, ceramic soap dish and reed diffuser bottle and some sheet face masks these items were all 50c each. I love the face masks and the cheapest I buy them for online is $1 each so this was a great bargain and I bought 10. Some will be given as gifts. I've been on the lookout for diffuser bottles as I bought some reeds and a diffuser base where you just add your own fragrance. I also got 4 martini glasses for 25c each and it doesn't bother be that they don't match! I saw others at another op shop for $2 each, they are cheaper than this brand new! 

Then I found this lovely vintage high chair for $15. It has a pink aluminum tray. It is a bit smaller than standard high chairs today and had to be sold as a "dolls" high chair. That's OK, because I collect dolls! 

 
I also found this meal tray for $2 which I will use for my laptop. It has a wooden frame around the edge and a vision on the bottom, like the old "stable table". Another reed bottle with a lid, this was $1, a tin of mini polaroid style prints of cupcakes, cats, dogs and balloons for 50c. I will use these in my card making or as gift tags. Then I found a sugar bowl and milk jug, it was $4 for both. I have a teapot in this exact pattern and never knew there were other items to match, so I was really excited!

I also got a bamboo bath rack.There's a metal rail you can lift up to put a book or iPad, a slot for a wineglass and room for a mug or candle. I've always wanted one of these as they seem so luxurious! This one was $5 but retail for $20 or more.

I was gifted a couple of lovely Christmas platters from a friend and a couple of free books from the op shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment