Wednesday 27 May 2020

Quick and easy naan bread recipe


This is a super easy 2 ingredient recipe which results in the softest, yummiest naan ever! Plus it is a great way to use up yoghurt which is close to or even past its best before date. I haven't tried it yet, but think you could use this dough for scrolls, pizza etc as well. Please let me know if you decide to try it!

2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup natural or Greek yoghurt
Herbs or salt and pepper if you like, I add half a tsp of garlic powder

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and when combined, turn out on to a floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes or so, until it all comes together. 
I knead mine for longer as I find kneading therapeutic! Divide into 8 portions and roll each one out to a long oval shape. 
Heat a frying pan up with a splash of oil (I use garlic infused) and cook the bread on each side until golden and puffy. 
I serve with a curry and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment