Sunday 3 May 2020

My Frugal Tasks 3/5/20

Late post! My internet wouldnt let me post this last night so it's a day late. This week has gone really fast for me. We did some grocery shopping at Foodbank. It has all changed now due to Covid-19. It used to be that you would go in, pick what you want and pay 20c a kilo for fruit and vegetables and $1.25 a kg for general groceries. Now, everything is prebagged. There is grocery, meat, toiletry, snack and fruits and veg packs all at different prices. The fruit and veg packs are the best at $5 as you also get free bread, eggs and dairy! I got feta, brie cheese, milk, yoghurt, flavoured milk, dessert pots, drinking yoghurt and dip. I was stoked! The individual dessert pots are normally $2.50 each at Aldi. I would never pay that price! 
I also managed to pay some extra on our mortgage. My original goal was to have it paid off by the time I was 40. Well my birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I'll be 41! I have been focusing on getting our savings accounts built back up after an unexpected $400 plumbing bill. However, I am determined to pay this mortgage off and finally be debt free. Here are some of the things I did to save money this week.

-Did grocery shopping at the Foodbank and spent $11 on groceries (pictured above.) We also bought a $15 meat pack.

-Sorted out the fridge and made a pasta sauce with some soft tomatoes and capsicum. I also baked eggplant and zucchini for while the oven was on. With our home grown pumpkin, this was all used to make a vegetable lasagna.

-Cooked some less than fresh spinach and rocket to put in a frittata for dinner.

-Baked a no sugar banana slice to use up some over ripe bananas. 

-We harvested our butternut pumpkins and there are 25 of them! Pretty good for a volunteer plant which came from our compost. 

-Gave away some pumpkins to a neighbour and a friend who visited.

-Washed the clothes and hung them out to dry in the sun.

-Had to get my laptop repaired and saved $20 by ringing around and getting quotes.

-Turned some leftover mashed potato into patties for lunch. I just added some spring onion, herbs, leftover corn and cheese. 

-Made a large tray of butterscotch and date pudding for dessert. This lasted a few days.

-Gratefully received some cereal from a neighbour and powdered milk, beer and sugar-free chocolate from a friend.

-Bought 2 roll on deodorants for $3. These are for my stockpile, as well as some silicone cupcake moulds for $1. I will use these to make bath bombs and soap.

-Made a chocolate freckle slab with some cooking chocolate that needs to be used.


No comments:

Post a Comment