Saturday 8 February 2020

My Frugal Tasks 9/2/2020

Hi there,  I've decided to try and get back ino posting regularly on the blog. I'll start simply by aiming to post my frugal tasks for the week every Sunday. We have some savings goals and hopefully this will help to keep us on track! This week was an exciting one with verge collection in our area. Hubby and I went "shopping" and picked up some great things which I'll do a separate post about later. My frugal tasks for last week were: 

-Made a batch of laundry gel and stain remover.
-Picked chilli's and grapes from our garden. We have so many grapes I've been eating some every day and gave some away to neighbours and friends!
-Oven dried old bread to make breadcrumbs.
-Cooked some peaches to make a compote.
-Washed some of Hubby's sneakers and cleaned the rubber with a melamine sponge. These turned out almost like new
-Gratefully received some snacks, watermelon, stationary and razors from a friend who was having a clean out.
-Took advantage of the warm weather and washed all our bed lined and pillows.
-Did a freezer and pantry audit as well as a meal plan so no meat was needed to buy for this fortnight. I am trying to use up what I have and we will be eating equal amounts of meat as vegetarian meals.
-Managed to put some money in our savings accounts and extra on the mortgage.

I hope you've all had a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment