Monday 17 February 2020

My Frugal Tasks 17/2/2020

It has been a busy week here. I've been trying to get all the little annoying jobs around the house done before I start uni next week! If it's anything like TAFE, I'm expecting to be spending all of my time studying. Here is this week's list of frugal tasks.

-Did some grocery shopping at the Food bank. There wasn't much fresh fruit or vegetables but I did manage to stock up on some eggs, frozen veg, dog biscuits, flavoured milk, meat and a few other items. We pay $1.25 a kilo there, so often it is much cheaper than supermarkets.
-Cooked a large tray of vegetable lasagne and froze half for another meal.
-Made a large pot of pumpkin, lentil and spinach curry. This served 3 of us for dinner with rice, put some in the fridge for easy lunches and also froze some.
-Carpet swept the floor rather than vacuuming.
-We had a couple of really hot days where using the air conditioner was needed. To counteract this I set up regular payments through bpay to my power provider. By doing this hopefully my bill won't be too big!
-Picked more grapes from our vine.
-Valentine's Day was on Friday and I challenged hubby to do something nice for each other with what we had on hand. He set up the foot spa and gave me a foot massage afterwards. I thought about packing a picnic, but the weather was too hot. Instead I set up the bedroom with candles and gave him an aromatherapy back and shoulder massage. Later I put a bottle of sparkling moscato which I got for my birthday in the fridge and we drank that with dinner. Well hubby had a glass and I drank the rest! How was your gal/pal/valentines day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment