Monday 28 April 2014

Holidays Are Coming To An End...


 

Today is the last day of school holidays and Term 2 begins tomorrow. Unlike some homeschooling families I know, we choose to take our holidays at the same time as the schools do. This is because my daughter attends a public high school. 

The holidays are great for some down time and I have been able to catch up on my writing and DIY projects around the home while the kids have spent countless hours playing Minecraft and Batman Arkym Asylum. I gave up  trying to navigate my way around the X-Box controller sometime around day 3 of school holidays, as this just ends up with the kids laughing at my feeble attempts and calling me a noob.


As a family we have had a friend from Melbourne stay with us, picnicked, baked cakes and biscuits, fought off colds, watched movies, slept in everyday, hunted for Easter eggs,
caught the train into the city for lunch and had many conversations about gaming, superheroes, cosplay, money and the meaning of life. As they say, all good things must come to an end.

Tomorrow we get back into our weekly routine- early mornings, daily stretches and exercise, school work,  papers to deliver, dance class, piano lessons, Scouting, Youth Group, library visits and grocery shopping. After a break, I always feel recharged and look forward to getting back into the structure and flow of our life.

But for now I'm going to relax and enjoy the rest of the evening. Menu planning can wait until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment