Sunday 27 September 2020

Savings Sunday 27/9/20


This week has been super productive. I had a 3 day break from uni so I got loads of housework done that has been bothering me. I weeded 3/4 of the front garden beds, cleaned the stove top, tiles, cupboards, bathroom and toilet, dusted all surfaces, wiped down all the walls, skirting, doors and vaccuumed the floors. 

These are all jobs that have been let go since i started studying 12 weeks ago. Hubby does a great job of keeping up with the dishes, washing and folding clothes and errands like shopping, school run and occasionally he will cook dinner. Lately he has also been working on the back garden. But the little jobs tend to get neglected. The house feels nice and clean now and it was enjoyable, I love a good clean its quite relaxing for me. 

Some other things I did were cooked some soft tomatoes and used as a sauce for homemade pizzas and the leftover sauce was put in a spaghetti bolognaise. One night I cooked sausages for dinner and drained the fat into the lard jar. This gets used in place of oil in cooking. I made a large pot if rice and vegetables for the dogs to stretch their meat, its also healthy for them. I used to do this regularly but stopped because it took up too much room in our freezer and fridge, but now we have our outdoor fridge I can make a batch every week. I also baked a banana cake. 

Picked up some bread, rolls, bananas, capsicum and a leek from the community centre and we car pooled with our neighbour for a trip to the Foodbank. We spent $50 and got meat, flour, sugar, cake mixes, yoghurt, muffins, milk, juice, carrots, broccoli, and spinach. 

Made a batch of stain remover and laundry gel and diluted the dish liquid, shampoo and conditioner with a bit of water. I also save all the small ends of soap to put in a small linen bag thats kept in the shower as a soap scrubber, I topped this up. 
It was mostly fine weather all week so the washing was hung outside. 

Saved some white tissue paper from a package which went into my gift wrapping box and kept some oxygen absorber sachets to reuse. 
We reached our Medicare safety net threshold this is earlier than normal so our prescriptions are free until the end of the year. This fortnight we saved around $20 on medications.











No comments:

Post a Comment