Sunday 15 November 2020

Savings Sunday 15/11/20


This week was a challenge. On Monday through untill Thursday I suffered with  cluster headaches, ibufrofen and napping helped but when I was awake I felt very vague. My 14 year old was home sick all week due to tonsillitis which was resistant to the first lot of antibiotics. This resulted in a very painful throat and having to get a blood test and throat swabs. It is now day 3 on a different course of antibiotics and finally there is some improvement. 

I managed to get some jobs around the house. I painted some baskets I have white. These will be used in the kitchen benches for extra storage and I cleaned out the cutlery drawers. A while ago I picked up a small cupboard for free on Marketplace, it was used outside to hold shoes so was quite dirty and some of the MDF trims ate a bit warped. I finally got around to putting some adhesive vinyl on it, this was $3 a roll from Kmart and it used 1.5 rolls. I also sprayed the handles with black paint. The cupboard is now used to store extra tons and packet food. 

I baked a tray brownies for dessert which got eaten before I took a picture and cooked ravioli soup and a curry in the slowcooker. Both were enough for a couple of nights dinner which saved me cooking. 

Hubby caught up with some friends on Friday night, I stayed home to keep an eye on our youngest. He came home with a bag of goodies, the puddings will be kept for Christmas. We are blessed to have such great friends! 

We did a small shop at the Foodbank and got some meat, including a ham which has been frozen and chocolates which have been put away for Christmas. I also bought a final gift of Netflix gift cards and am finished my Christmas shopping. I just have 2 more gifts to wrap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment