Sunday 4 October 2020

Savings Sunday 4/10/20

This week was good, I am tired but happy. There is only a couple more weeks until uni is finished and I am on Summer break. I have made a list of jobs to do when im on break! 

I cooked a big pot of pumpkin and chickpea curry using the last of our homegrown pumpkins. Mr 14 baked a chocolate fudge pudding which we had for dessert with cream. It is like a self saucing pudding and so yummy. I cooked a tray of broccoli and cheese gratin and used up sour cream in this. I saved the broccoli stems to use in dog food which I will make next week. I also made a cheese sauce using the sour cream. This will be used during the week with pasta for an easy dinner. I baked a banana cake and used sour cream instead of milk. 

Gave a friend a homemade soy candle, body wash and face mask from my gift stash. She gave me a 5kg bag of rice as they had excess and mulberries from their tree. I made three jars of jam with the mulberries and one went into the gift cupboard. 
Finished a tube of handcream and cut the tube open to get the remains out. This filled a small container.

Visited some friends in Fri night for a couple of drinks and a catch up. They gave us some muesli bars, eggs and a box of jars. This was wonderful as I'm running low on jars! 
Picked up some free bread, English muffins and flatbread from the community centre. The flatbread I put in the freezer to use as pizza bases. 

I finally finished painting a vinyl dragon for Mr 14. The West Australian Reborn Doll show was on Sunday and I entered 3 of the dolls I painted. I won a ribbon best in category for my alien doll! I also entered the dragon and a devil baby. I have lots of fun making the alternative dolls but will probably sell these ones so I can buy more kits to paint.

Here a some of the other ladies dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment