Thursday 25 June 2020

Thrifty Thursday

This week I've had so many great op-shop finds! Hubby and I both have certain things in mind when we go thrifting. At the moment he is looking for board games and a new belt and has found neither. He was joking that this week has been my lucky week. Sometime he will find game after game and I'll get nothing. It really is just pure luck and consistency. There are 5 op-shops on the same road as Mr 14's community school so one of us usually pop in every couple of days to have a look. I've recently found out that everything donated at each store gets sent to headquarters first and sorted out before being distributed to each store.

I got a cushion which has a white background with blue Australian bush flowers on it. I wanted to get a couple for when we turn our garage into a granny flat, but when I looked online Kmart no longer sells them. At the beginning of the year, they were about $8 I think. I picked up one today for $2! I also found another lovely photo frame to go on the gallery wall in my study for $1.50.

 

I also got another couple of white dinner plates for spares, these were 25c each. I've been looking out for squeezy bottles to use for burger sauce and Ice Magic (hard chocolate topping) and found one for 30c and the other for 25c. Also some ice/chocolate moulds which were 20c each. 3 of them are Star Wars themed and we have a friend who is obsessed with Star Wars so I thought homemade chocolates would be a nice birthday gift. The shop I found these in is my favourite because they mark items down to really cheap prices if they don't sell quickly. 

I found this adorable Cabbage Patch Kid for $5, and she had a bonus original CPK tee underneath her outfit. She's a bit grubby, but will wash up well. I collect CPK's so was absolutely stoked to find her. I normally buy my dolls on Marketplace or eBay and have never seen one while op-shopping! 

Yesterday we travelled to a few op-shops we haven't been to before. I got a slate cheese board for $4, a wooden chopping board $2, a coffee plunger for $3, a basket for $2, a set of hand held spatulas for $1, a heart shaped pressed tin container with a poured candle inside $2, a novelty toilet roll $1 and a wish jar for $3. The last 3 items are for my gift shelf because I have people in mind to give these to.

I also got a proper vintage feather duster for $1! A couple of small canvas prints for 50c each, a blue and white oil burner and a glass candle jar for 50c each. A warm beanie for 50c, 8 coat hangers for $1, a bamboo scrubbing brush for $1.50, and DVDs for 50c each.

 And...another Cabbage Patch doll for $5! I couldn't believe it! I also got a talking Disney's Moana doll for $3. This is not a great picture but she is in the best condition, hardly played with. As well as a couple of Elsa dolls for $1 each. These are for the toy box for when a friend brings her kids over to play. I had found some action figures for her son on a verge collection so now her little girl has some dolls.



No comments:

Post a Comment